Thursday, December 20, 2007

Park City Mountain Resort 12/20

Yesterday I woke up to 7" of snow in the driveway, but wasn't able to make it up to the slopes. :( Today, I woke up to another 6" of fresh snow. So, after a quick meeting at work, headed over to Park City Mountain Resort to take advantage of all the new powder!

Unfortunately, another storm arrived about the same time I did, so there was a little wind and snow to deal with. I tried a few runs off Silverlode but didn't find anything too spectacular there. So I went to McConkey's and, man, what a good move that was. The winds seemed a little lighter even if the visibility was challenging.


(Low visibility at the top of McConkey's.)

Scott and I made a bunch of runs, taking advantage of great snow in the trees. I swear the coverage is better on McConkeys and the powder was definitely awesome.


(Scott rips it up in McConkey's Bowl.)


(Base of McConkey's.)

After Scott took off, I made a quick run down Double Jack (less powder, more bumps), a nice run down Glory Hole, and finished my day on Crescent. All in all, a great day. And the forecast calls for another foot or two of snow tonight! Bring it on!

'til later,
- Jeff

No comments: