Friday, December 21, 2007

Deer Valley 12/21

Wind brings storms. And storms bring snow. And skiers like snow. So I should be happy with the wind. But two days in a row it's been miserable, so I'd be fine if it went away for a while!

Still, I didn't let that stop me. Another few inches of snow overnight and I headed up to Deer Valley to take advantage. A run each on Wasatch and Sterling was enough to convince me that Bald Mtn. was too windy. So, after a quick lunch, I headed over to Flagstaff. There was some great snow off Northside.


(A nice view from atop Empire.)

And, though everyone thinks they built Silver Strike just to service the new developments over there (Shooting Star, Arrowhead, Larkspur, Silver Strike), there's actually some great tree skiing there. The powder was still nice and soft and the winds weren't nearly as bad as elsewhere.


(Silver Lake as seen from Empire.)

After a few runs there, I headed over to Empire for the first time this year. There was still some nice snow to be had there, but I preferred Silver Strike, so finished my day there.


(Aspen.)

With all this new snow we've gotten this month, the skiing is really started to get good. If you haven't made travel plans for the holidays, come on out to Utah!

'til later,
- Jeff

No comments: