Sunday, March 09, 2008

Park City Mountain Resort 3/9

Did you remember to set your clock forward a hour? Today is the start of daylight savings time! But based on how few cars were in the parking lot at 9am, I'm guessing most people forgot. In fact, the mountain was almost deserted for the first hour.

Too bad for those sleepyheads! They missed out on some perfect corduroy.


(Perfect corduroy awaits.)

I made a few runs off Silverlode to warm up. That and to leave a few perfect arcs on the groomers. I absolutely love my Rossignol Z9s.


(A beautiful morning.)

A short time later, my friend Bryan joined me and we decided to explore a bit more of the mountain. We spent the morning on McConkey's before an early lunch at Mid-Mountain Lodge -- gotta beat the crowds.


(Easter's not for another 2 weeks, but the Easter Bunny was already busy hiding eggs at Park City.)

Then we headed over to Jupiter for the afternoon. I usually spend my days on McConkeys and sadly neglect the awesome terrain on Jupiter. True, I hate slow lifts, but sometimes it's worth it. Indicator wasn't quite as good as last time, but there were still some good turns to be had. Portuguese Gap was probably my favorite run of the day.


(Jupiter through Pioneer.)

Afterwards we headed to Wasatch Brew Pub for dinner. The 30 minute was wait perfect for enjoying a few beers. And the beer cheese soup was a perfect appetizer for the cheesesteak sandwich.

'til later,
- Jeff

No comments: