Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Deer Valley 3/19

The forecast was for cloudy skies with rain in the afternoon. Luckily, they were wrong! It turned out to be a perfect spring skiing day. Wonderful blue skies and moderate temperatures. A perfect day to be on the slopes.


(Skiers on "the beach" at Silver Lake.)

Unfortunately, a lot of other people had the same idea. I guess it's Spring Break for a lot of schools. Combine that with the upcoming Easter weekend, and there are tons of people in town. Fortunately though, the mountain at Deer Valley spreads people out fairly well so the lines weren't very long. And skiing the singles lines helps.


(Starting my afternoon on Sterling.)

I spent the morning on Wasatch and Sultan enjoying the groomers. The snow is a little hard because of the warm days and cold nights we've had. But, with a decent edge, you can still make some nice turns. I left my Rossis at Rennstall for a tune overnight and will leave my Volkls there soon for the same.


(View from top of Silver Strike -- Timp in the distance.)

In the afternoon, I made some runs on Silver Strike, Ruby, and Quincy just for variety. I even made a quick trip over to Deer Crest to enjoy some of those runs that I don't get to very often.

If you go, get there early -- the parking lot has been filling up by mid-morning even on week days. Plus, you'll be able to enjoy the corduroy before everyone else tracks it up.

' til later,
- Jeff

2 comments:

noMAD said...

nice and well maintained blog... :D

utahjeff said...

Thanks. And thanks for reading.
- Jeff