Friday, February 03, 2006

Vail 2/3

[Updated with picture.]

Conditions: powder
Weather: 20, snow, wind
Gear: skis


Wow! Even more snow. 13" by some accounts. And it snowed all day. Waist deep powder in spots. Sick! But way fun.

I skipped the gondola and headed up Born Free to Pride to Game Creek to get me to Sun Down Bowl. There was seriously powder up to my waist in spots! Absolutely incredible! One of my best runs of the year.

After lunch, I dropped down Dragon's Teeth on my way to Orient Express and again had waist deep powder. Another best run of the year. Have I ever mentioned that Vail has some of the best terrain in the country?!?


(Sick powder!)

I spent most of the afternoon playing in the back bowls and Blue Sky Basin. There seemed to be shorter lines back there and incredible snow in the trees. I never get tired of this stuff. Well, my legs got a little tired, but still, I didn't let it slow me down!

Warning: Vail gets crowded on powder days. I swear half the city of Denver must have taken the day off and come up to ski. Lines to get off the freeway, to get into the parking garage, for the gondola, and for many of the chairs. I'll forgive them because the snow was so good, but I can't imagine what this place is like on a holiday!

'til later,
- Jeff

No comments: