Thursday, February 02, 2006

Beaver Creek 2/2

[Updated with pictures.]

Conditions: powder, packed powder
Weather: low twenties, snow in the morning, wind in the afternoon
Gear: skis


Another day, another snowstorm. I had to brush a good 6", maybe 8", of snow off the car this morning for the short drive over to Arrowhead. And it kept snowing right up until noon.


(Looking back at my tracks.)

I pretty much repeated my tracks from Monday and Tuesday. I've found the terrain that I like and I'm happy to stick to it. I did get out of bounds a bit off Larkspur where I ran into a nice couple from Washington. Hailey and Mack and I enjoyed a few runs in Royal Elk Glade before my legs were burning for a break and I stopped for an early lunch.


(Traversing to Beaver Creek.)

As the next front came through, it got windy as heck and made for a chilly, low visibility afternoon. But, as always, there was nice snow in the trees to I stayed there as long as I could.

Remind me to do more legs at the gym! You can have bulging biceps, six-pack abs, and gorgeous shoulders but what really matters for skiing is quads! I hereby vow to do more legs when I workout.

'til later,
- Jeff

No comments: