Monday, January 29, 2007

Park City Mountain Resort 1/29

Conditions: packed powder
Weather: low 20s
Gear: K2 Recon Riser snowboard

So, after skiing only 3 times in the last three weeks, mostly due to a nasty sinus infection, I decided to get out today even though I knew the snow wouldn't be great. It hasn't really snowed in over two weeks, so what we've got is well packed and even a little thin. Still, the snow here beats that back east any day! (And I can say that 'cause I grew up skiing back east.)

Park City was nice. The Sundance crowds are gone (though they don't ski much anyhow) and the mountain was pretty quiet. Snow on trails where they made snow is pretty good. So I mostly stuck to groomers. Nothing exciting, but better than being inside all day.

Hopefully we'll get a storm soon. Come on, Mother Nature! Hit us with your best shot! I'm talking feet of snow. I've got plenty of gas in my snow blower, so bring it on! :)

'til next time,
- Jeff

No comments: