Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Day at Deer Valley 1/1

Conditions: hard pack
Weather: 30, sunny
Gear: Rossignol z9 skis

What a way to kick off the New Year! I took it kinda easy on New Year's Eve so I could get up early and be at Deer Valley when the lifts opened. While there were more people there than I had expected, it was far from crowded. It was a great day to be out on the slopes.


(Top of Sterling Express.)

After a quick run down Last Chance to warm up and a few runs off Sterling, I met up with some friends and headed over to Northside. I'll write more about my new Z9's soon, but let me tell ya -- they're AMAZING on the hardpack. Funnest ski ever! Anyhow, a few nice groomers there there and off Silver Strike then we headed to Empire. Gotta love the sun on Empire.


(Afternoon sun on the way to Deer Crest.)

Lunch was at Empire (burger and carrot cake -- yum!) before we headed back across the mountain. Stuff off Sultan was still kinda icy so we made our way to Deer Crest before calling it a day. We could sure use some more snow, but still a nice way to start 2007!

'til next time,
- Jeff

No comments: