Thursday, January 03, 2008

Snowbasin 1/3

First ski day of the new year! Decided to try something different (I usually stay close to home and just ski one of the Park City area resorts) and went up to Snowbasin. It's a little further, but it's a pretty easy 60 minute drive.


(Base area.)

It was nice to see the sun, but the wind was not so welcome. High winds kept Strawberry from opening at all. The tram was also closed. Which meant there was a line all day for the Needles gondola. So, I mostly stuck to the chairs and explored as much of the mountain as I could. They were hard at work on the park under Porcupine. And I rode Wildcat for the first time ever. Nice snow in there. And I even tried Becker and some trail off to the south that I'd never even noticed before (Willow Springs).


(BBC.)

So, though the wind was a bit annoying, the day was still fun. Can't wait to get back up to Snowbasin on a powder day. Sounds like a big storm is headed in for the weekend, so keep your fingers crossed.

'til later,
- Jeff

No comments: