Sunday, September 23, 2007

PC 9/23

So much for the forecast! The weatherman called for cold (40s) today with a chance of rain and snow down to 7000'. But when I woke up it was 60 and mostly sunny! About the only thing they got right was the wind. But I wasn't gonna let that keep me inside.


(Leaves changing on Iron Mountain.)

I decided to head out for a little hike. I was thinking about Iron Mountain, but there were a lot of cars at the trailhead, so I gave up on that and went into town instead.


(Park City Mountain Resort and Thaynes Canyon.)

I'm not sure the name of it, but I did the short, easy hike up the hill with "PC" on it just behind the schools. It's really not much of a hike, maybe 500 vertical feet and only 20 minutes up. But it was nice to get out and the leaves across the way were getting close to their peak.


(The trail up.)

I'm hoping the weather was just a little late in arriving and that we'll get some of that snow tonight. Keep your fingers crossed! Hopefully we'll be skiing in a month.


(View of Quarry Mountain from the top of the hill.)

'til later,
- Jeff

No comments: