Wednesday, November 15, 2006

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"


Conditions: Powder/man-made
Weather: upper twenties and sunny
Gear: K2 Recon Riser snowboard


OK, ok. It may be a littler early for the kids to be jingle-belling, but that time will be here soon enough. No, right now it's time for the resorts to open!



Brighton kicked off the 2006-07 Utah ski season today opening two lifts at 9am. They added another lift (Crest) at noon. I headed up to make a few runs.

The snow wasn't too bad at all. Generally better where they had made snow, but you could still find a little powder off to the side. No complaints for this early in the season.


((My) first chair of the year.)

I'm betting most of the classrooms in SLC were empty today -- all the students were up on the hill! But I'm not gonna tell -- I probably shoulda been at work myself.

The snow guns were running all day along side the half-pipe and they were setting up even more. Hopefully they will have that open soon.



Keep your fingers crossed that we get more snow! Santa needs someplace to land his sleigh.

'til next time (Alta tomorrow),
- Jeff

No comments: