Sunday, November 19, 2006

Alta 11/19


Conditions: packed powder
Weather: 40s, sunny
Gear: Volkl 7 24 Pro skis


Sunday we headed up to Alta for a beautiful day of skiing. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and the snow wasn't too bad either!


(Top of Sugarloaf.)

Alta had about half their terrain open, which was better than most of the Utah resorts. While it was a little thin off the beaten track, it really wasn't bad. I didn't do any damage to my skis which is a good thing -- they've got to last a few more weeks until the new ones show up.


(Bill.)

I hadn't been to Alta in years. Since my last visit, they have made Sugarloaf and Collins into quads and rebuilt the Watson Shelter. It was nice to get back and all the improvements make this an even better place to ski. I have many, many fond memories of skiing here during college and grad school. The half day AM ticket is such a great deal -- ski Sunday morning while everyone is still in church and still have time to get your homework done in the afternoon! Patrick, Kevin, Brian, Greg, John -- if you're reading this, drop me a line.

'til next time,
- Jeff

PS Remember, Alta is for skiers! No snowboarders allowed.

No comments: