Sunday, January 08, 2006

Park City Mountain Resort 1/8

Conditions: 5" powder+
Temp: mid-twenties
Gear: skis


A decent little storm hit the area last night, so I went to bed early planning on getting up to hit the slopes. There were a couple of inches at the base and plenty more at the top. Unfortunately, it had also gotten a little windy, so parts were quite windblown. But you're not allowed to complain on a powder day!

Jupiter was on a snow hold when I got there, so I headed straight for McConkey's. The bowl was nice as was the skier's left of Buckeye. I also had my first run of the year through the Black Forest glades -- that's some of my favorite terrain on the mountain. And another great run in 10th mountain. It was a short day for me, but definitely worth getting up early for.

Sorry no pics -- the battery in the camera got too cold and it wouldn't work. I'll try to do better next time.

'til later,
- Jeff

No comments: