Friday, January 06, 2006

Brighton (Night Skiing) 1/6

Conditions: packed powder
Temp: 40 degrees
Gear: snowboard


What's the best part of night skiing? IT'S CHEAP! So a couple of friends dragged me up to Brighton for my first night skiing in about 10 years.



What's the other best part of night skiing? COOL SUNSETS!


(Sunset down Big Cottonwood Canyon.)

And it wasn't nearly as cold as I had feared. In fact, the temperature hovered around 40 degrees making it warmer than many days I've had this season.

We had a bunch of nice runs. I don't know many of the trail names, but we skied pretty much all of the 22 runs they have open at night. There were brief waits at the lift line, but nothing too bad. Definitely worth checking out if you get the chance.


(Jake shows me the way.)

Thanks, guys, for taking me up. It was fun!

'til later,
- Jeff

No comments: