Friday, December 30, 2005

Park City Mountain Resort 12/30

Conditions: 4" powder overnight, still snowing
Temp: low-thirties
Gear: snowboard


I got a little bit of a late start (see Mousecapades below) but am glad I made it out to the mountain. It started snowing pretty hard after lunch and the helped clear some of the people off the mountain. And left the fresh for the rest of us!

I headed up Eagle down Gotcha Cutoff and over to Ski Team for my first run to avoid the crowds.


(Snow coming down while I ride up Eagle.)

I had a very brief wait at Silverlode but made it quickly over to McConkey's where the snow was great and the lines were non-existent. The snow was great everywhere over there -- a great run down the middle of the bowl; some nice turns to the left of Buckeye; even Tycoon was nice. This is definitely my favorite area on the mountain.

I even endured the interminable ride up Pioneer twice -- once for some nice riding in the aspens and another down Blue Slip.

It wasn't a lot of runs, but it was definitely worth going up for. And it's supposed to snow all night, so tomorrow should be great too. If you go, have fun!

'til next time,
- Jeff

No comments: