Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mountain Bike - Jeremy Ranch 5/20

Mountain bike season is upon us! Well, for the most part. Mother Nature can't seem to make up her mind as to what season it really is. So, while it was nice today, it's supposed to snow later this week....


(My trusty steed.)

Unfortunately, my trusty steed is losing a bit of trusty-ness. It's a Gary Fisher Sugar 2 from a few years ago and it's been an awesome bike -- trouble free up until last year when it developed a bit of a leak in the rear shock. The shop has looked at it three times and can't figure out what's wrong so I just carry a pump with me. :)


(24-7 Jeremy Connector trail.)

Anyhow, got out for my first real bike ride of the season today. I have to admit, I cheated and rode up through the roads of Jeremy Ranch to get to the trailhead. But then I picked up the 24-7 Jeremy Connector trail for a nice ride. I went out to the Glenwild trails and did the loop on the front side, stopping to take in the nice views (and a bit of water).


(Deer Valley and Park City from the Glenwild trails.)

Today at least, the trails were bone dry and in great shape. But the weather seems to be changing quickly, so be sure to consider trail conditions before you set out. Riding through mud leaves ruts that will be there the rest of the year. That sucks!

'til later,
- Jeff

1 comment:

bikingzionutah said...

Utah mountain biking offers some of the best rides anywhere. In fact, there are those who say that Utah is quickly becoming the mountain biking 'capital of the world', with a number of world famous trails.

Utah Mountain Bike