Monday, February 26, 2007

POWDER! 2/26

Sorry -- it's been a while. I'll attempt to get caught up here in the next few days with highlights of the last month of skiing.

Conditions: 18" POWDER
Gear: K2 Recon Riser snowboard

So, this was by far the best day I've had so far this season. 18" of soft, white, fluffy, Utah champagne POWDER! An absolutely awesome day to get out and ride.


(Me over by Dreamcatcher.)

I was on my way to Park City when Pete and Dan sent me a TXT and said they were going to the Canyons. I met them there for a few hours of riding.


(Dan in the trees.)

I met the guys on Tombstone as we waited for them to get Peak 5 and other lifts open. As soon as ski patrol had everything clear, we headed over to Dreamscape. We had a few awesome runs down De Ja Vu and (an aptly named) Bliss before heading over to Dreamcatcher.


(Woops!)

Dreamcatcher is new this year. Last time i skied the Canyons, it wasn't even open yet. So, it was nice to explore this new terrain under such optimal conditions. A few runs through Fool's Paradise quickly confirmed this is some of the best terrain on the mountain. Too bad they only
put a slow quad over there.


(Base of Dreamcatcher.)

'til next time,
- Jeff

No comments: